Skip to main content
Some frequently asked questions:
Why should I contribute my data?
- See your data in the context of hundreds of thousands of samples.
- Get access to cutting edge analysis tools that can be used for your research.
- Share your data with the wider research community.
What kinds of data will we incorporate?
- Genetic association data: array, exome sequencing, whole-genome sequencing data, and credible sets. We are interested in incorporating both summary statistics and individual-level genetic association data.
- 'Omics data: gene expression, eQTLs, epigenomic modifications, chromatin confirmation, proteomics, and more.
What compliance/regulatory documents are needed to submit my data to the MSK-KP?
- In order to include individual-level genetic association data in the MSK-KP, you will need to obtain permission from your institution's IRB review board (or your country's equivalent) to share the data with us and make summary level metrics available on the Portal. We also ask that you sign a Data Transfer Agreement.
What will we do with your data?
- We will perform association analysis (if appropriate) and quality control.
- You will have the opportunity to review the results before any data are made available on the Portal.
How will we protect your data?
- Only summary level analysis will be displayed on the portal. We will never show individual level data.
- We have analyzed the privacy risks inherent in sharing summary statistics in the Knowledge Portals and found them to be extremely low. Read our white paper here.
- Click here to learn more about our policies on data transfer, use, and protection.